We are aware that parents and guardians have a choice to make about their child’s high school education. Sending a student to Mission College Prep is a significant investment. We cannot meet all needs, however we are committed to doing the best that we can. The process of applying for tuition assistance relies on good communication between the parents/guardians and the school. We ask that you communicate with us regarding your circumstances and walk through the tuition assistance process with us.
Tuition Assistance Information
- 2016–2017 Costs $14,550 (tuition, registration, capital improvement fee)
- Total tuition assistance awarded for the 2016–2017 school year $665,575
- Average award $5,550
- Award packages may include a combination of a grant and work/study.
Tuition Assistance Application Process
- The student must be offered admission to Mission College Prep.
- Registration deposit required to hold a space in the class.
- Upon receipt of registration deposit, families are eligible to complete and submit a tuition assistance application offered through FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment.
- Complete the FACTS Grant Aid & Application. It can be completed by clicking MCP Tuition Assistance Online Application.
- FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment completes an analysis of all applications for tuition assistance and provides MCP with an assessment.
- The MCP Tuition Assistance Committee meets and makes decisions.
- Mission College Prep will notify families of their awards.
- Tuition assistance applications must be received by March 22nd to have the best chance for consideration.
- The registration deposit will be refunded if a family has applied for tuition assistance, but does not receive what is needed, and withdraws their student’s application.
- Historically there is a 4% to 8% tuition increase annually.Tuition increases are based on registration numbers and so are variable. MCP makes no guarantees about the cost of tuition by providing this information.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: Do you give athletic or academic or arts scholarship?
- A: 80-90% of tuition assistance is needs based, but some financial assistance will be based on academic excellence in outstanding students. Mission College Prep does not offer athletic scholarships.
- Q: Is there a tuition discount for siblings?
- A: We do not offer sibling discounts. The cost of sending multiple children to private school is taken into consideration when assessing a family's demonstrated need through the PSAS Grant & Aid Assessment Application. If this additional cost creates a demonstrated financial need for assistance, financial aid awards will be offered accordingly.
- Q: How is financial need determined?
- A: Mission prep uses the services of a third-party recommendation (FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment), online application, MCP financial aid committee, along with parents' W-2, tax returns, and personal statement.
- Q: Will my child's financial aid award change from year to year?
- A: Families must reapply for financial aid each year. If there is little or no change in the family circumstances, a family can expect that a financial aid award will be renewed at the same level, bearing in mind that any tuition increase will be shared between the family and Mission College Prep. If there is a significant increase in family need, Mission prep will attempt to accommodate that need. Likewise, if the family’s need decreases, the appropriate adjustment will be made to the financial aid recipient to reflect the family’s increased ability to contribute to their student’s educational expenses.